Thanks for the feedback!
I’ve gone through and addressed all issues with 4.75:
- You still don’t have to save a file in order to compile/load/debug it.
- VP creates a temporary file, either in the temp directory, or in the directory of the saved file and compiles that
- VP looks for referenced files in the same directory. For spin, VP also looks in viewport/lib and the Parallax library (if Prop Tool was installed)
- when a compile error occurs VP selects that file and highlights error
- warnings are ignored for now
- VP compiles a .pbas file into a .spin file with same name
- Referenced files need to be saved to take effect.