Blog > Basic Stamp

Home Forums 12Blocks Basic Stamp

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Hanno .

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Some of the materials, possibly the cheat sheet, say that 12 blocks is being developed to support the Basic Stamp2 series. Has that happened? Any plans to do so? Or, has that idea fallen by the wayside?

Hanno
    Keymaster

Yes, very basic support for BS2 is there. Select the "BasicStamp" library, connect USB cable to a basic stamp and press "run"
    Hanno

Anonymous

I don’t see Basic Stamp in the library list. Am I looking in the wrong spot? I see tbot, arduino, etc, etc – just no basic stamp.

Robert

Anonymous

OK – solved this one myself. Basic Stamp support is in version 2.0.4.

Thought it wasn’t communicating with the Basic Stamp at all. Someone <cough, cough> had forgotten to plug in the battery pack. Once I sorted that out, the program can see and communicate with the Board of Education.

Now, I just have to figure out the magic to make the servos run. I suppose I’ll need to actually read some of the documentation.

Anonymous

Sorry to bring back an old post, but I am wondering if there is going to be more options for the Basic Stamp or BoeBots. I use them with high school students and was looking for a way to introduce them to 12 blocks and get programming started. Maybe a tutorial to incorporate servos, sensors, and more.

Hanno
    Keymaster

Hi Cogs,
    12Blocks currently has 36 blocks for the BS2- including ones like: if, switch, repeat, sound, variables, arrays, and pin input/outputs. What additional functionality do you need to support your course? Do you have a sample BS2 program or tutorial that I could help you translate to 12Blocks?
    Hanno

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.