Blog > Did not find Propscope error

Home Forums PropScope Software Did not find Propscope error

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous .

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I bought the Propscope when it first came out and it worked fine. I’ve just gone to use it again (after a year or so), and all I get is "Did not find Propscope" in a dialog box. I have tried the latest versions of Propscope and the USB drivers, as well as suggestions found on other forums. I have been unable to get it going on either of 2 Vista PCs or an XP PC which was the one I originally installed it on. The USB and serial port are both identified as "PropScope" and the Propscope software searches the correct serial port before giving the error. Any ideas?

- Laurie

Hanno
    Keymaster

Hi Laurie,
    Since it worked before I assume that it’s still ok. Did anything else change?
    Make sure to try a good quality USB cable.
    Hanno

Anonymous

Hi Hanno,
    I’ve used the one that came with it as well as another that works with a camera. The port seems to be created correctly, but it doesn’t seem to want to talk to the propeller. Is the fact that the port is created and named "PropScope an indication that the CPU is working or does other hardware do that?

- Laurie

Hanno
    Keymaster

Hi Laurie,
    Thanks for checking the cable. The FTDI USB chip does the reporting. Could still be some issue with USB bus/traffic on your setup- I’ll be in touch.
    Hanno

Anonymous

Hi Hanno,
    I’ve used the one that came with it as well as another that works with a camera. The port seems to be created correctly, but it doesn’t seem to want to talk to the propeller. Is the fact that the port is created and named "PropScope an indication that the CPU is working or does other hardware do that?

Gafas Rayban De Sol[/url:3fh9497r]

Hanno
    Keymaster

Hi,
    The PropScope uses a chip made FTDI to communicate via USB, this chip tells USB that the device is a PropScope.
    Can you click on "File>Reset/Identify Hardware"? That does the bare minimum to communicate with the Propeller.
    If that doesn’t identify a Propeller, then please try on another PC, ideally as simple as possible: modern Win7 with minimal USB devices.
    Hanno

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.