Blog > Failed to Configure on COM error

Home Forums 12Blocks Failed to Configure on COM error

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous .

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Dear Hanno,

Time after time I get this error. Now it seems it happens continuosly. Happens on all programs, COM settings, cables and QuickStart Boards connected to my laptop with or without a power supply. Advice? Thanks, MLS

Hanno
    Keymaster

Hi MLS,
    I assume things were working well with no issues and now something changed. Here some tips:
    - Confirm you’re using the "DemoBoard" library, other’s may change clock settings which affects ability to read configuration
    - Are you using a good USB cable?
    - Any other changes?
    Hanno

Anonymous

Hey Hanno,

I uninstalled 12blocks in an attempt to reinstall it and save to the demoboard file to correct timing. Now I cannot use variables and code blocks etc. I have it installed on one other computer. What to do? Thanks. MLS

Hanno
    Keymaster

What’s your current setup and what is the exact problem? Why can’t you use variables/code blocks? Are they not in the library? Are you using the DemoBoard library?
    Hanno

Anonymous

Hey Hanno,

My previous problem appears to have been due to programming or logic error that caused the configuration error. All seems fine now.

Current Issue: How do you add a OBJ from the OBEX to a 12blocks program? Thanks.

MLS

Hanno
    Keymaster

Hi MLS,
    Glad you solved your issue.
    You can import existing code- either from .spin or .12b files by clicking "file>import blocks". 12Blocks will create "blocks" for public functions it finds in the file and include the file as an object. Check out "file>examples>custom block" for an example.
    Hanno

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.