Blog > LED bar graph project

Home Forums 12Blocks LED bar graph project

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous .

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I’ve been working on this for a few days and I’m at a dead end. I’m trying to build a simple bar-graph LED display for reading RPM. The goal is to have the LED’s illuminated sequentially from green to red as the RPM increases and drop back from red to green as it decreases.

Now I’m triggering it with an IR receiver/detector and I’ve managed to actually get some output based on the IR detector but it has no bearing on RPM. I really want to complete this but I’m a bit stymied. What I’ve done so far has been done in 12 Blocks which seems like it will be a God send once I figure it out.

Here’s a video of my tinkering:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ3wr6R3 … e=youtu.be

The LED’s just blink with the breaking of the IR beam but I figure it’s a start. I’m using an Arduino UNO just to vary the RPM of the motor via a pot and the Propeller board is reading the IR detector and triggering the LED’s.

I managed to fumble around with 12 Blocks using the "WHEN" control with "MEASURE STATE OF PIN" plugged in, followed by "PIN OFF" "PIN ON" commands.

Pretty crude but I figure it’s a start. Any guidance would be most welcome! I have ZERO experience programming but I think I could get the hang of it with this GUI. Just need some more NOOB documentation.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.