Blog > quickstart prop with RS RGB LED

Home Forums 12Blocks quickstart prop with RS RGB LED

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous .

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I need some fresh eyes. The idea is a single LED lamp for my wife. For some reason, it will not change states. It seems to stay in randomLED state. I want three states manual, random, and sequence. It should start in manual. Using Version 2.02. I tried looking for errant spaces, etc.

Hanno
    Keymaster

Hi,
    If possible only change the state machine’s state with one cog. I think your program starts running the state machine in "random" mode which is the 0th state- and therefore default, before you set it in the other cog. The timing of the terminal output could just be enough to set it back to random mode- and it’ll stay there from then on.
    Hanno

Anonymous

I am not quite clear here. I have one clog activating the state machine, because it was too slow on checking the buttons. The main clog checks the buttons and changes the state machine. How do I change it?

The state is supposed to start in manual. Why is random state, zero?

Hanno
    Keymaster

The cog that just runs the state machine will start running the state machine before you set the "myLEDState" variable. Try moving the <set myLEDState to manualLED> block to ahead of the repeat <run state machine>.
    Hanno

Anonymous

I’ve upgraded to 2.12, and tried that, but I cannot find the terminal, or pin diagram.

ok, went back and actually read about the update:) Does this mean we have to put it in each time?

ok, added terminal and pins to the file. I still get ramdomLED state running. However LED is not flashing like it should. I want to work on the state problem first. I am thinking of changing to event based, from state based.

Hanno
    Keymaster

Hi!
    Yes, you can drag any number of "interface" blocks onto your worksheet to display information. Let me know what you want to do…
    Hanno

Anonymous

The code looks great, unable to compile, and thus unable to create zip archive. The error comes up ad "297:" with additional text. The line numbers when looking at code do not go up to 297. 12Blocks highlights the IF ELSE block for "redLEDState2==0" in the second START code section. I upgraded to 2.1.9/Latest beta to see if that would help, it did not. It is taking too long to register a button push with 100u caps added. I had to add caps for reliability.

Anonymous

I figured out the interface, by looking at the notes and playing.

Anonymous

So I figured out I was one Propeller Tool behind. I upgraded it, and it can now save. I have not tried communicating with the quickstart board yet. I had given the project to my Wife as our Anniversary present.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.