Blog > Sending / receiving strings using the “Send serial Data” and

Home Forums 12Blocks Sending / receiving strings using the “Send serial Data” and

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous .

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hi All,

Relatively new to 12Blocks and this is probably a stupid question. However I am about to pull my hair out!!

Background: -
    I am trying to pass commands to a Propeller board (Gadget Gangster Propeller Platform USB). The commands are going to be sent via RS 232 to two pins (5,6) on the Prop board. I am trying to simulate this process by emulating the serial example provided with 12Blocks. However I can get the example to work transferring numbers 1-10, but when I convert the code to send a string it all goes to pot. I receive gibberish and not even the same gibberish each time I run the code. The received data does not look like ASCII or Hex encoded data. I think that the problem revolves around declaration of types. The commands are declared as string, yet when I read them from the serial input pin I am forced to read them to a viable type value.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Setup: -
    Propeller board = Gadget Gangster Propeller Platform USB
    12Blocks = ver 2.0.2

Brian.

Anonymous

What code are your using? Please post if you don’t mind. How do you have it hooked up?

Anonymous

Hello Capdiamont,

As requested please see attached.

Regards,

Brian.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.