Blog > Switching accelerometers

Home Forums Parallax Propeller: The Official Guide Switching accelerometers

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Hanno .

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hello,

Im currently working on the dancebot, but I ran into a snag with the LIS3LV02DQ. I cant find it. However I have plenty of the Memsic 2125 Dual-axis Accelerometer from parallax. As a newby to the microcontroller world I decided to use this balnce bot as a learning platform. Can any point me in the right direction on how to replace the LIS3LV02DQ with the Memsic 2125 Dual-axis Accelerometer .

Thank you

Hanno
    Keymaster

Hi Susan!
    Great to hear you’re building a dancebot! The "updateBias" function in the "tilt.spin" file is the only place that uses the accelerometer’s value. You’ll have to play with scaling of the signal so that the Kalman filter does it’s thing, but it should be possible. Would love to see photos/video.
    H

Anonymous

Hi Susan,

I ran into a similar problem and used another accelerometer as well… The cost was only about 10 US Dollars and seems to work just fine. You can find my post with some guidance from Hanno under this same forum topic under the post titled "Accelerometer Drop- In Replacement". I had fun building my bot and it’s a great learning experience. I’d be happy to share some of the problems I ran into and how I got mine working. I’m almost done, Hanno has posted some suggestions to get mine fine tuned, hope your project is going well.

Bryce

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.