Blog > Viewport for linux beta

Home Forums ViewPort Viewport for linux beta

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous .

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hello all,

I understood that there is a Viewport for linux beta available.
    Could somebody please share the location for this because i’m getting frustrated here running it under wine or in a VM.

BTW i’m running Ubuntu 11.04

Gr,

Ernst

Hanno
    Keymaster

I’m about to release this publicly, just finishing documentation :)
    Hanno

Anonymous

Hi Hanno,

Yes please, I finally received my propeller Professional dev board so i’m good to go here.

The propeller tool works OK but under wine it’s not the most optimal config.

Please keep me posted.

Regards,

Ernst

Anonymous

Hi,

I see the other posts to this thread are from almost a year ago. Was the linux version ever released? I tried to download it, but all I could find was an exe version. I would like to buy it, but I don’t run Windows.

Thanks.

Hanno
    Keymaster

Hi Jammer,
    I did release 12Blocks for Linux, ViewPort may come someday.
    H

Anonymous

Hi Hanno,

One of the early adopters of viewport here :)) though it’s been a while since I’ve used it.

I wrote a long post extolling the many reasons, pleading for a Mac / Linux port … but it vanished … oh well …

Was considering using Viewport’s openCv instead of a RaspberryPi or BeagleBone Black board.
    I had an XP box with Viewport on it die die die just when I was ready to evaluate it with my Prop. dev. board.

Having fought with MS installs for decades, and having access to Macs and Linux boxes galore, I just don’t have the heart to attempt a windows reinstall when I can do 2 Ubuntu’s and a Fedora or two in the same time.

All I can say is you are missing a growing market segment that Raspberry Pi, et. al, will slowly take over: academia (which has always be unix) and the scientific community (who use a lot of mach-kernal based Macs).

Please consider it !

thanks
    - Howard
    (aka. CounterRotatingProps from yore)
    Sent on a MacBook Pro which can run windows 7 & 8, Ubuntu, Fedora, and FreeBSD – all at the same time without much of a sweat…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.