Blog > Viewport Support

Home Forums ViewPort Viewport Support

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous .

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

How can I get support for Viewport, I need to re-load the application, but I have lost my registration key.

Hanno
    Keymaster

Hi Nick,
    I’ve sent you your key- enjoy!
    Hanno

Anonymous

I hadn’t used ViewPort for about 6 months (it was working fine at that time) but now I’m getting a strange error:
    Component name:dso-lsa a image
    XML from (C:Program Files (x86)ViewPortview2dso.XML:1):
    <image name="dso-lsa" color="ffff0000" color2="ff000000" font="Arial_8.25" bgnd="ffc8c8c8" size="800,600">
    Detail:
    Required font not found, please install the font:Arial_8.25Font ‘Arial’ does not support style ‘Regular’.

I’m able to load the _Tilt program for the DanceBot, and see the variables (io,accel, gyro, etc), but I can not bring up the dso, lsa, and other screens.
    I thought to try the latest version of ViewPort (477), but it asked for the license key which I couldn’t find in my Google Receipt, and I can not remember how you sent it, so my request is to resend it, plus (if that doesn’t fix my problem) help me get the old version to work.
    Thanks!
    Carl M Petesen, III, P.E.

Anonymous

I did find my license key, so that’s squared away. But I’m still getting the same error message that I got before:
    Component name:dso-lsa a image
    XML from (C:Program Files (x86)ViewPort477view2lsa.XML:1):
    <image name="dso-lsa" color="ffff0000" color2="ff000000" font="Arial_8.25" bgnd="ffc8c8c8" size="800,600">
    Detail:
    Required font not found, please install the font:Arial_8.25Font ‘Arial’ does not support style ‘Regular’.

I don’t know how to fix this in light of the fact that it worked for four months at the end of last year just fine, so it should work still. I can’t see how I could have lost these fonts over the last six months. I’m going to try this program on a laptop that I have and see if I have any better luck…
    Thanks!

Anonymous

I reloaded the software on my laptop and it works. Since no one knows how I can fix the error on my other computer, it looks like I’ll be using my laptop for ViewPort usage…
    Thanks!

Anonymous

Hi!

You might try:

1. Uninstall Viewport
    2. Reboot windows
    3. Delete "C:Program FilesViewPort" entire directory if it still exists (assuming that’s where you had it installed)
    4. Install viewport again (so as if new)

I’m guessing you have an old "no longer available" system font declared in one of the ViewPort xml config files. When you upgraded ViewPort, those config files might have been preserved, so a complete de-install and delete of the entire ViewPort folder would solve that.

Just make sure your own code/program files are somewhere safe! Probably they are stored safely in "My documents", but always good to check!!

Hope it works for you… best of luck!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.